Difference between revisions of "Apostle Achaicus"
(added alternate spellings, ext. link, and commemoration)
|(5 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)|
|Line 21:||Line 21:|
Latest revision as of 13:27, October 25, 2012
St. Achaicus is mentioned by St. Paul in I Corinthians 16:17, saying, "I am glad of the coming of Fortunatus and Achaicus: for that which was lacking on your part they have supplied. For they have refreshed my spirit, and yours."
- Holy apostle Achaicus of the Seventy;
- Entreat the merciful;
- To grant our souls forgiveness of transgressions.
Kontakion (Tone 4)
- The Church ever sees you as a shining star, O apostle Achaicus,
- Your miracles have manifested great enlightenment.
- Therefore we cry out to Christ:
- "Save those who with faith honor Your apostle, O Most Merciful One."