Difference between revisions of "Amphilochios (Tsoukos) of New Zealand"
m (add category)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''Amphilochios (Tsoukos) of New Zealand''' is the ruling [[bishop]] of the [[Greek Orthodox Metropolis of New Zealand]] under the [[Church of Constantinople|Ecumenical Patriarchate]].
Revision as of 21:06, September 21, 2011
|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in NZ - Timeline |
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|Greek - Met Amphilochios|
Antiochian - Apr Jack Witbrock
ROCOR - Apr Vladimir Boikov
Serbian - Apr Velibor Bojičić
Romanian - Bp Mihail
|Edit this box|
- 1938 - Adamantios Tsoukos born in Lardo, Rhodes (in the Dodecanese Islands), and attended the Patmiada Church School.
- 1959 - Entered Theological School of Halki.
- 1962 December 8 - Tonsured a Monk.
- 1963 - Finished Theological School. Final paper entitled "Dogmatic Teacher of Koraniou".
- 1964 - Served Holy Monastery of the Annunciation, Patmos (near Elder Amphilochios (Makris) of the Dodecanese Islands).
- 1969 - Appointed teacher in Patmiada Church School.
- 1972 - Went to Kenya, Tanzania and Zaire as missionary. Given title of Archimandrite by Patriarch Nicholas of Alexandria in the Church of the Annunciation in Louboubasi.
- 1978 - Returned to Patmiada.
- 1989 - Invited to Rhodes by Metropolitan Apostolos of Rhodes as preacher.
- 1990 - Elected Abbot of Holy Monastery of Tharri.
- 2005 June 15 - Elected Bishop by Holy Synod of the Ecumenical Patriarchate.
- 2005 July 9 - Consecrated Bishop by Metropolitan Kirillo of Rhodes in the Annunciation Cathedral, Rhodes.
- 2005 October 13 - Elected Metropolitan of New Zealand.
Amphilochios (Tsoukos) of New Zealand
|Abbot of Monastery of Tharri, Rhodes
|Metropolitan of New Zealand
- Official biography from the Metropolis of New Zealand website.