Panagia Philanthropini, Center for Social Advancement and Medical Prevention and Research, (Our Lady, the Blessed Virgin Mary, Who Loves Humankind) resides in northern Greece, near the town of Ormylia, Chalkidike. The mother monastery, the Sacred Convent of the Annunciation of the Mother of God, is a large monastic community with over 120 nuns from various nations—the majority of whom hold university degrees. The Convent is a dependency of the Monastery of Simonos Petras on Mount Athos.
It was founded by the Very Reverend Archimandrite Father Aimilianos, Abbot of the Sacred Monastery of Simonos Petras on Mount Athos, for the glory of Almighty God and the service of His children, the mission of the Center is to comfort and alleviate the suffering of human beings with emphasis on the poor and working class public without preference to race, nationality, gender, or creed.
The Center is dedicated to spreading the message of God’s love and saving grace to all human beings. Given the Orthodox Christian faith teaches quiet acts are of supreme importance and not words, this vibrant message takes the practical form of medical and educational services, scientific research, charitable and spiritual ministries. These activities constitute the means by which the Center seeks to serve the needs of human beings in the Twenty First Century and beyond.
- Spiritual Instruction and Discourses, volume 1: The Authentic Seal. By Archimandrite Aimilianos. Ormylia, Halkidiki: Ormylia Publishing, 1999. 400 pages. ISBN 9608560330. (Available in North America from Alexander Press or Alexia Publications.)  
- The Church At Prayer - The Mystical Liturgy Of The Heart. By Archimandrite Aimilianos. ISBN: 960-518-251-3.
- The Living Witness of the Holy Mountain: Contemporary Voices from Mount Athos. Translated with introduction and notes by Hieromonk Alexander (Golitzin). South Canaan, PA: St. Tikhon's Seminary Press, 1996. 311 pages. Price p/b £18.75. ISBN 1878997483. (Available in the UK from Orthodox Christian Book Service, 95 Spencer Street, Birmingham B18 6DA.) 
- Last sermon of Archim. Aimilianos at Holy Cross Monastery, Thebes, Greece.
- An Interview with Sister Aemiliane of the Exaltation of the Holy Cross Monastery, Thebes, Greece (St. Nina Quarterly, vol 3:4)
- Website for Social Advancement, Disease Prevention & Medical Research - Panagia Philanthropi
- Extract from O Holy Mountain by Fr Basil Pennington] (includes photo of Archim. Aimilianos)
- Orthodox Spirituality and the Technological Revolution by Archimandrite Aimilianos, Posted: 28-Nov-05 on OrthodoxyToday.org
- FoMA book review