→History: Minor corrections
Founded in 1186 the Monastery of Studenica, dedicated to the Presentation of the Holy Virgin, is the mother-church of all Serbian temples.
The first stage works were completed by the spring of 1196, when its founder Stefan Nemanja ([[Simeon the Myrrh-flowing|St. Simeon Nemanja]]) abandoned his throne, becoming a [[monk]]. [[Simeon the Myrrh-flowing|Nemanja's]] third son St. [[Sava of Serbia|Sava]] molds Studenica into the political, cultural and spiritual center of medieval Serbia founding within its walls crucial institutions like the first organized hospital and school<ref>Teodosije, Life of St. Sava, (Belgrade: Danicic Publishing, 1860)</ref>. Studenica was continualy expanded by the members of the Nemanjic dynasty. King Radoslav, grandson of the founder added to the church an [[exonarthex]] in 1235. King Milutin built a small dedicated to Saints [[Joachim and Anna|Joachim and Anna]] in 1314.
There were other church buildings built over time within the monastery complex, but they were either completely lost or remain only as a foundation trace. Church of St. [[Nicholas of Myra|Nicholas]], a small single-nave church predating the monastery complex remains there as well.