stndrdize bibliography; links.
* [http://www.goarch.org/en/ourfaith/articles/article7079.asp Exorcism in the Orthodox Church]
- Rev. George C. Papademetriou, Ph.D. (on Goarch.org )* [http://www.goarch.org/en/ourfaith/articles/article7078.asp Excorcism] - Rev. George Mastrantonis (on Goarch.org )
* Richard P H Greenfield. ''Traditions of Belief in Late Byzantine Demonology''. Published by [http://www.tte.nl/hakkert/ Adolf M. Hakkert], Amsterdam, 1988. (369 pp.) (ISBN 9025609627) (ISBN 9789025609627)
: Comprehensive scholarly study; Greek text in several places; includes list of sources of the standard Orthodox tradition. Compares the standard Orthodox tradition to alternative traditions.* Jean-Claude Larchet. ''Mental Disorders and Spiritual Healing: Teachings from the Early Christian East''. 1st Ed. Transl. by G. John Champoux and Rama P. Coomaraswamy. Published by Sophia Perennis, July 2005. (ISBN 1597310611) (ISBN 9781597310611)
* [http://www.sadena.com/sss/Roman%20Rite%20of%20Exorcism.html The Roman Rite of Exorcism - 1952 A.D.] (
full text of rite included).* ''[http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0898707102 An Exorcist Tells His Story]'' by Fr. Gabriele Amorth. (Fr. Amorth is an official exorcist of the diocese of Rome. His commentary and experience is certainly worth engaging). ISBN 0898707102* ''[http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0898709172 An Exorcist: More Stories]'' by Fr. Gabriele Amorth. ISBN 0898709172* ''[http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1932645969/sr/ref=pd_cp_b_title/002-0955529-1470425?ie=UTF8&qid=1175243507&sr=8-13&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-41&pf_rd_r=12APFJ7881PVW8VNC5KC&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=252362401&pf_rd_i=0898709172 Interview With an Exorcist: An Insider's Look at the Devil, Demonic Possession, and the Path to Deliverance]'' by Fr. Jose Antonio Fortea.
*The ''[http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc/index.htm Catechism of the Catholic Church]'' (s. [http://www.scborromeo.org/ccc/p2s2c4a1.htm 1673]) has this to say about exorcism:
: When the Church asks publicly and authoritatively in the name of Jesus Christ that a person or object be protected against the power of the Evil One and withdrawn from his dominion, it is called exorcism. Jesus performed exorcisms and from him the Church has received the power and office of exorcizing. [Cf. Mk 1:25-26; 3:15; 6:7, 13; 16:17.] In a simple form, exorcism is performed at the celebration of Baptism. The solemn exorcism, called "a major exorcism," can be performed only by a priest and with the permission of the bishop. The priest must proceed with prudence, strictly observing the rules established by the Church. Exorcism is directed at the expulsion of demons or to the liberation from demonic possession through the spiritual authority which Jesus entrusted to his Church. Illness, especially psychological illness, is a very different matter; treating this is the concern of medical science. Therefore, before an exorcism is performed, it is important to ascertain that one is dealing with the presence of the Evil One, and not an illness.
===Protestant & Other===
* ''[http://www.amazon.com/Occult-Bondage-Deliverance-Counseling-Oppressed/dp/0825430062/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222965348&sr=1-1 Occult Bondage and Deliverance: Advice for Counselling the Sick, the Troubled and the Occultly Oppressed]''
. Dr. Kurt Koch (ThD) and Dr. Alfred Lechler. Transl. from the German and published by Kregel Publications, Grand Rapids, MI, 1971. (198 pp.) ISBN 0825430062: (By noted Lutheran German theologian, minister and evangelist Kurt E. Koch (1913-1987), along with psychiatrist Dr. Alfred Lechler, both well acquianted with the other's field; Dr Koch pastored in the state Lutheran Church as well as studied the occult and ministered to those suffering from demon afflication and the occult. His ministry took him to more than sixty-five countries on five continents).* ''[http://www.apostasynow.com/wots/Contents.html War on the Saints]''. By [[w:Jessie Penn-Lewis|Jessie Penn-Lewis]].
: (A classic Protestant/Pentecostal work).
* ''[http://www.amazon.com/Demonologist-Extraordinary-Career-Lorraine-Warren/dp/0595246184/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-0955529-1470425?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175243620&sr=1-1 The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Lorraine Warren]''.
By Gerald Brittle.
: (Please read with caution. Note that the subjects [[w:Ed and Lorraine Warren|Ed and Lorraine Warren]] are in tradition of 'paranormal investigators').
== External links ==
* BBC News Online: World. [http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/world/263604.stm Vatican issues new exorcism rules]. January 27, 1999.
* [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i227QNYkuD0&mode=related&search= A Coptic Exorcist part 2] - Another clips of a Coptic Orthodox priest performing an exorcism, many of the people present are Muslims. The young man confesses, "Jesus is Allah."
===Roman Catholic Cases===
* [http://www.catholicism.org/exorcism-nicola-aubrey.html The Exorcism of Nicola Aubrey], (1565-1566), written by Fr Michael Müller.