* [http://www.goarch.org/en/ourfaith/articles/article7079.asp Exorcism in the Orthodox Church] - Rev. George C. Papademetriou, Ph.D. (on Goarch.org)
* [http://www.goarch.org/en/ourfaith/articles/article7078.asp Excorcism] - Rev. George Mastrantonis (on Goarch.org)
== Other resources ==
There are many books about exorcism and demonology that go to one extreme or another. These resources are some of the better ones we have found. '''As always, read with discretion'''.
* ''[http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0898707102 An Exorcist Tells His Story] by Fr. Gabriele Amorth (Roman Catholic) - Fr. Amorth is an official exorcist of the diocese of Rome. His commentary and experience is certainly worth engaging. ISBN 0898707102
* ''[http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0898709172 An Exorcist: More Stories] - also by Fr. Amorth ISBN 0898709172
* ''[http://www.amazon.com/Demonologist-Extraordinary-Career-Lorraine-Warren/dp/0595246184/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-0955529-1470425?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175243620&sr=1-1 The Demonologist: The Extraordinary Career of Ed and Lorraine Warren]'' by Gerald Brittle - Please read with caution.
* ''[http://www.apostasynow.com/wots/Contents.html War on the Saints]'' by Jessie Penn-Lewis - A classic Protestant/Pentecostal work.
: When the Church asks publicly and authoritatively in the name of Jesus Christ that a person or object be protected against the power of the Evil One and withdrawn from his dominion, it is called exorcism. Jesus performed exorcisms and from him the Church has received the power and office of exorcizing. [Cf. Mk 1:25-26; 3:15; 6:7, 13; 16:17.] In a simple form, exorcism is performed at the celebration of Baptism. The solemn exorcism, called "a major exorcism," can be performed only by a priest and with the permission of the bishop. The priest must proceed with prudence, strictly observing the rules established by the Church. Exorcism is directed at the expulsion of demons or to the liberation from demonic possession through the spiritual authority which Jesus entrusted to his Church. Illness, especially psychological illness, is a very different matter; treating this is the concern of medical science. Therefore, before an exorcism is performed, it is important to ascertain that one is dealing with the presence of the Evil One, and not an illness.
Dr. Kurt Koch and Dr. Alfred Lechler. ''Occult Bondage and Deliverance: Advice for Counselling the Sick, the Troubled and the Occultly Oppressed''. Transl. from the German and published by Kregel Publications, Grand Rapids, MI, 1971. (198 pp.) :ISBN 0825430062 : By noted Lutheran German theologian and evangelist Kurt E. Koch ( 1913-1987) , along with psychiatrist Dr. Alfred Lechler, both well acquianted with the other's field.
== External links ==
* [http://paranormal.about.com/library/media/Russian_Exorcism_0001.wmv Video of Russian Orthodox Exorcism]
* [http://groups.yahoo.com/group/OrthodoxNews/messagesearch?query=exorcism News stories about the exorcism and death of a Romanian nun, June 2005]
* [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLHft6xyGh0 A Coptic Exorcist] - An Exorcism preformed by a Coptic Orthodox priest, notice that some of those possesed are Muslims.
* [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i227QNYkuD0&mode=related&search= A Coptic Exorcist part 2] - Another clips of a Coptic Orthodox priest performing an exorcism, many of the people present are Muslims. The young man confesses, "Jesus is Allah."