He was born on [[July 5]], 1916, in Divoš in Srem, and named Janko (Јанко). He graduated from high school in Novi Sad in 1935, and the Orthodox Theological Faculty in Belgrade in 1939.
On [[July 11]]/[[July 24|24]], 1940, he was
tonsured. The next day he was [[ordain]]ed a deacon, and on [[March 3]]/[[March 16|16]], 1941, a priest. In 1952, he obtained his doctorate in theology in Belgrade. He was the last theology student who received his doctorate from Belgrade University until 2004, as the Orthodox Theological Faculty was removed from the university from 1952 and was restored only in 2004. He was professor at the Orthodox Theological Faculty from 1952 to 1961. He was elected [[Auxiliary bishop|Vicar Bishop]] of Budimlje in 1959 and was [[Consecration of a bishop|consecrated]] by [[Patriarch]] German and two other bishops on [[June 15]]/[[June 28|28]] (St. Vitus' Day). He was elected Bishop of Banja Luka in 1961. Together with the people and priests, he built a new Cathedral of the Holy Trinity in 1972. At his own request he was transferred to the [[Diocese]] of Srem in 1980. He died in Sremska Mitrovica in 1987.