'''Panagia Chryssopodaritissa''' (Gr. Golden legged)
Monasteries==The monastery of Chrysopodaritissa, ''Farron'', Greece , lies opposite the village of Kalanistra and Kalano in Greece. It is surrounded by century old trees and gardens and is a prominent landmark. The monastery, which is named after the patron saint of the Municipality of Farron, used to be called the monastery of Nezeron because it is located close to the old village of Nezera . Built at the end of the 12th century, it has manuscripts dating to 1309 as well as documents from 1635 sent by the Patriarch of Constantinople to the monastery. The monastery was destroyed during the Orlov Rising (1770, together with the village of Nezera which has been abandoned since then). It was rebuilt in 1812 by a monk called Ananias (from Kombigadi of the Municipality of Farron) , but was destroyed again in 1825 by Ibrahim. The Abbot of the monastery at that time was Nikiforos Nezeritis, a revolutionary of 1821 and member of the Philiki Etairia. The monastery was rebuilt after the end of the revolution. The church of the Virgin Mary is built into a cave with stalactites and there are some religious paintings remaining. Today, it has been designated as a monument by the Ministry of Culture (6th Section of Byzantine Antiquities).