no edit summary
Dr Aurel Jivi''' ---- Father Aurel Jivi was born in Chişoda, county of Timiş, Romania, on August 2, 1943. He took his first degree from the Sibiu Theological Institute in 1967 and then a master’s degree in Theology from McCormick Theological Seminary, Chicago in 1973. He completed his doctoral studies at the Bucharest Theological Institute in 1982, with a dissertation about “Orthodoxy in America”. He became a full-time professor at the Sibiu Theological Institute, Department of Universal Church History, in 1983; he also taught at the Faculty of Theology in Oradea, and lectured for several universities in the US and Britain. He was ordained an Orthodox priest in 1993. He wrote extensively on topics related to his field of research, but he was also a proficient translator. He passed away in Sibiu, in 2002.
1. ''Sfântul Ioan Hrisostom arhipăstor la Constantinopol''. în MB, an. XIX. 1969, nr. 4-6, p. 226-235;
2. ''Literatura teologică bizantină în preocupările lui Nicolae lorga'', în BOR, an. LXXXVIII, 1969, nr. 11-12, p. 1248-1256;
15. ''Cyril Lucarisţties with Transylvanian Preotestants'', în vol. Persoană şi comuniune, Prinos de cinstire Pr. Prof Acad. Dumitru Stăniloaie, Sibiu, 1993, p. 386 -397.
Translations (from English)
1. Keith Hitchins, ''Ortodoxie şi naţionalitate. Andrei Şaguna şi românii din Transilvania''. 1846-1873. Bucureşti, 1995, 343p.
2. Other articles and reviews published in: ”Biserica Ortodoxă Română", “Studii Teologice", “Mitropolia Ardealului”, “Ecumenical Review", and “Byzantinoslavica".