Canon law touches on every area of Orthodox Church life, including [[ Ecclesiology]], [[ Liturgy]] , and [[ Ethics]].
== People ==* [[Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain]]
* [[Lewis Patsavos]]
* [[Peter L'Huillier]]* [[Stanley Harakas]]* [[John Erickson]]
==Articles and Books on Orthodox Canon Law==
* N. Athanasiev. "The Canons of the Church: Changeable or Unchangeable?" St. Vladimir's Theological Quarterly, 11(1967), pp. 54-68.* Lewis J. Patsavos. The Canon Law of the Orthodox Catholic Church (Mimeographed Notes). Brookline,
Mass.: Holy Cross Bookstore, 1975.* Henry R. Percival, Ed. The Seven Ecumenical Councils . "Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers, " Second Series, Vol. 14. Grand Rapids, Michigan: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Co., 1956. * Erickson, John H. , The Challenge of Our Past: Studies in Orthodox Canon Law and Church History (Crestwood, NY: St. Vladimir' s Seminary Press 1991).
*[http://www.goarch.org/en/ourfaith/articles/article7101.asp The Stand of the Orthodox Church on Controversial Issues] by Stanley Harakas
*B. Archondonis. "A Common Code for the Orthodox Churches," Kanon I (1973), pp. 45-53.
* [http://www.orthodoxa.org/GB/orthodoxy/canonlaw/russianterritory.htm The Russian Canonical Territory] - some comments from an Orthodox historico-canonical perspective
* [http://www.geocities.com/berolini/subseciva.htm Studies in Roman and Byzantine Law] - an index of articles in this journal is available online
==Online Source Texts==
* [http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/byzantium/alltexts.html#Byzantine%20Legal%20Documents Byzantine Legal Documents] - An index by Paul Halsall
* [http://www.geocities.com/ekeied/ Post-Byzantine Law on the Web] - This site is devoted to the promotion of the study of law in Venetian and Ottoman Greece to the 19th century
*[http://aroundomaha.com/cn/stjohn/canons.htm The Rudder]
*[http://ccel.org/fathers2/NPNF2-14/TOC.htm Canons and Definitions of the Ecumenical Councils]
*[http://aggreen.net/canons/canons.html Canons of the Orthodox Church]
==Related Articles on OrthodoxWiki==
==Parallels in other religious groups==
* In Islam, see [[w:Sharia]], [[w:Fatwa]], and [[w:Fiqh]]