== History ==
The Monastery of Saint [[Gregory Palamas]] was established in 1982 by Metropolitan [[Maximos (Aghiorgoussis) of Pittsburgh]] on a farm purchased from
another religious group. The monastery is located in north central Ohio, in a rural, wooded agricultural area, about 15 miles east of Mansfield.
The main church of the monastery, built in what may be described as "Ohio Byzantine architecture," was consecrated in 1989 by Archbishop [[Iakovos (Coucouzis) of America|Iakovos]], who led the [[Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America|Greek Orthodox Archdiocese]] from 1959 to 1996.