''This is paraphrased from the ROCOR regulations[http://synod.com/synod/engdocuments/enov_rectors.html] to give an idea of what is required of rectors. Many of these regulations would apply across traditions.''
A rector is:
* Head of the parish, responsible to the Diocesan Authorities;
* President of Parish Council and at each meeting;
* The parish's representative to Diocesan Authorities in communications about all parish matters;
* Being the director of the parish school (if one exists).
A rector is responsible for:
* Proper organisation of church and parish;
* Assisting in establishing a school (if one does not exist);
* Establishing a school (if one does not exist);
* Organising missionary circles (and organising them if they don't exist).
A rector supervises:
* Order and correctness of church correspondence;
* Preservation of church documents;
* The religious-moral education and development of youth.