Revision as of 12:47, May 9, 2008 by Arbible
A virtual chapel is an Orthodox edifice built in virtual reality.
- "I have managed to find another Orthodox online, who built a small Eastern Rite chapel. So to mix things up, I build a rather large Western Rite chapel for Raphael on the property he owns (also seen in the photo), with Ancient Faith Radio being piped in for background music."
- http://michael.doxos.com/comments.php?id=3980_0_6_0_C (Evangelism in Second Life)
- http://raphael.doxos.com/index.php?id=C0_64_1 (general Second Life category).
- http://tarasbalderdash.blogspot.com/2006/08/new-home-for-order-and-its-chapel.html (includes mention of a Slavonic psalter and "Orthodox Christian gestures")
- w:Second Life
- Edward Castronova, Synthetic Worlds: The Business and Culture of Online Games (U of Chicago Press, 2006) ISBN 0226096270
- Wired News: Second Life Teaches Life Lessons
- St.Nicholas Virtual Church
- Virtual chapel at GOARCH.org
- No life in Second Life: Orthodoxy's Problem with Virtual Reality by Fr. Jonathan Tobias
- Discernment and Virtual Reality - A Dialogue Sparked by No Life in Second Life: Orthodoxy’s Problem with Virtual Reality, by Fr. Jonathan Tobias
- Agios Spyridon Orthodox Church
- Saint Dionysius Skete
- St. Nicholas Avatarian Orthodox Church in Second Life
- St. George Christian Orthodox Church in Second Life
- BYZANTINE ICONS GALLERY, Twilight Gates (151, 129, 23)
- St. Catherine's Monastery - Sinai, Egypt
- SL Israel: The Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Saint Michael's Orthodox Church (Eparchy of Azure and All SL)
- Saint Columba of Iona Orthodox Church
- The Hollyhock Institute of Theology
- Orthodox Hermitage of The Holy Cross
- Orthodox Convent of Saint Mary of Egypt: church - main entrance
Second Life and SLurl are trademarks of Linden Research, Inc.