Revision as of 07:52, August 9, 2008 by Arbible
A virtual chapel is an Orthodox edifice built in virtual reality.
- "I have managed to find another Orthodox online, who built a small Eastern Rite chapel. So to mix things up, I build a rather large Western Rite chapel for Raphael on the property he owns (also seen in the photo), with Ancient Faith Radio being piped in for background music."
- http://michael.doxos.com/comments.php?id=3980_0_6_0_C (Evangelism in Second Life)
- http://raphael.doxos.com/index.php?id=C0_64_1 (general Second Life category).
- http://tarasbalderdash.blogspot.com/2006/08/new-home-for-order-and-its-chapel.html (includes mention of a Slavonic psalter and "Orthodox Christian gestures")
- w:Second Life
- Edward Castronova, Synthetic Worlds: The Business and Culture of Online Games (U of Chicago Press, 2006) ISBN 0226096270
- Wired News: Second Life Teaches Life Lessons
- St.Nicholas Virtual Church
- Virtual chapel at GOARCH.org
- No life in Second Life: Orthodoxy's Problem with Virtual Reality by Fr. Jonathan Tobias
- Discernment and Virtual Reality - A Dialogue Sparked by No Life in Second Life: Orthodoxy’s Problem with Virtual Reality, by Fr. Jonathan Tobias
Some Eastern Orthodox Churches in Second Life (direct teleport landmarks)
- Receive the latest copy of the directory at http://slurl.com/secondlife/Larsson/148/42/110 (follow the 'red beam' to the dispenser; this object is free and includes a collection of Orthodox icons)
Second Life and SLurl are trademarks of Linden Research, Inc.