I ask that you remove my account from your wiki. --Patriarchanthony 14:22, December 2, 2005 (CST)
- Unfortunately, accounts can't be deleted (as you know if you're administering MediaWiki), but we can block it. I trust that isn't necessary though. Fr. John
It depends on your Administrators. If they had an issue with me they should have address me personally. Instead they took it to public forum and that is outragous. I have removed all content that was from your websites and would like to remind you that the content here on Orthodoxwiki was listed as released under GNU FDL. But I see from your admins this license display is false. --Patriarchanthony 14:31, December 2, 2005 (CST)
- Hmm... well, the discussion on OrthodoxWiki:Administrators was removed, but I do think a public response to a public site is appropriate. Yes, our "original" content is all GFDL, but please note GFDL does require attribution, at least to OrthodoxWiki. Please read the GFDL license for details.
- Let me say too that we (and the Copts) aren't persecuting you out of spite, as you seem to imagine. We do not believe that someone can just start an Orthodox church on their own. Using these titles for your group, and the trappings of Orthodox, means to us that you are being deceptive in your claims. That's why we have to put the independent notice on your page -- otherwise we would sacrifice our own credibility. I hope you can understand this. I don't know why you want to create your own group, what your issues are. But to us being "Orthodox" means something - it has a definite shape and a canonical embodiment. Hope that helps, Fr. John
I do not believe that we claim to be orthodox anywhere on our site anymore. We have not since the encounter with the copts. So that is a mute point. In fact, we have it written all over our site that we are independent from the mainstream churches, so that makes the claim of deception a mute point. So yes it does appear to be persecution rather than mere informational.
- I respect that you put on your homepage "Note: We are not Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Anglican, Episcopalian or any other form of Mainstream Church." However, you must understand that your claim to be "Ancient and Apostolic" and to belong to the "One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church" is a big problem, when it is clear that none of these are the case. Fr. John
There is no way to win. Any name we chose would be used by the orthodox to bash us over the head. We refuse to change our church's name or any of our church's doctrine to suit the orthodox. As in the past, I am sure that someone here will be bold enough to threaten us with lawsuits, to which I say go for it. We are the Ancient Apostolic Communion and last time I checked no one had a trademark or copyright to those words or to the name itself. This will be my last posting here and I will advise all the Independent Movement members that they are not welcome here. You see, we must also protect our people as well. --Patriarchanthony 15:35, December 2, 2005 (CST)
- You're not being threatened with a lawsuit, and your religious practices aren't being threatened, either. You're simply being asked to supply attribution (i.e., indicate a source) where you export our material to another site. You're also merely having a notice put on your user page here indicating that you belong to a different group. Are any of these things really too much to ask? —Fr. Andrew talk contribs (THINK!) 17:34, December 2, 2005 (CST)
All pages from this wiki have been deleted from our website. All pages have appropriate notices posted by the admins of this wiki. --Patriarchanthony 18:11, December 2, 2005 (CST)
Yall have a good time...I am out of here. --Patriarchanthony 18:23, December 2, 2005 (CST)
Thanks for your help on the recent vandal attack!
Fr. John 19:02, December 11, 2005 (CST)