m (→Monastery articles)
m (→Hail, unwedded Bride Panagia)
|Line 94:||Line 94:|
Revision as of 16:05, April 29, 2008
«Χ ρ ι σ τ ό ς Α ν έ σ τ η»
Christ is Risen from the Dead, by death trampling on death and bestowing life ...
Our Lord, the most Sweet Jesus, Eternal Bridegroom of my soul
The Pantokrator icon - I did not contribute this but it is one of my favourites
Christ the Bridegroom - O Nymfios
Excerpt from the Akathist Hymn to Our Sweetest Jesus Christ, Eikos 8
Wholly present with those below, yet in no way separated from those above, was the Uncircumscribed One, when of His own will He suffered for us; by His death, our death He put to death, and by His Resurrection, He granted life to us who chant to Him such words as these:
- Jesus, Sweetness of my heart.
- Jesus, Strength of my body.
- Jesus, Light of my soul.
- Jesus, Liveliness of my mind.
- Jesus, Gladness of my conscience.
- Jesus, Hope unexcelled.
- Jesus, Remembrance everlasting.
- Jesus, Praise most exalted.
- Jesus, my Glory most sublime.
- Jesus, my Desire, reject me not.
- Jesus, my Shepherd, seek me out.
- Jesus, my Saviour, save me.
Hail, unwedded Bride Panagia
- Panagia tou Harou.jpg
Panagia the Life Giving Spring ΖΩΟΔΟΧΟΥ ΠΗΓΗΣ
Hail, Michael Archistratige interecede for us
My Patron Saint(s)
- St. Basil the Great
- St. Spyridon of Trimythous, Dionysius of Zakynthos and Gerasimos of Cephalonia
- St. Athanasius the Great
Touched by a Saint
List of saints who have helped me in my life, not including my Patron Saints and guardians:
- My gentle Alexios, you were torn between family and love for Christ and as you looked upon the Cross of Jesus, without a word you walked away from bride, your family and your friends to do what you had to do ...
- Blessed Andrew the Fool-for-Christ, we are the 'fools'
- Of thine own free will thou didst become a Fool, O Andrew, And utterly hate the lures of this world ... Thou didst choose foolishness for the sake of Christ, And didst make the crafty one foolish, Thou didst persevere with thy struggle in the midst of turmoil ...
- Μυροβλήτη Demetrios, your memory is not forgotten in our home ... we love you and honour you.
- St. Paraskeve
- Παρασκευή, you were the one who prepared the way for me. At such a young age, it was you who helped me read and melted my heart to know what my brain was only starting to understand ... Blessed Παρασκευή, interecede with your prayers that the eyes of my soul may stay unharmed from the evil one ...
- Let my body be a church, my hair a forest of trees, and my blood a spring to water them
Hail, Phanourie intercede for us
Structure of the Church of Greece
Articles arising from the development of the Church of Greece main article:
List of Diocese in Greece:
Saints and Elders
Blessed Elder, Porphyrios (Bairaktaris) the Kapsokalivite
St. Maria, great-grandmother of Christ and Grandmother of Panagia
St. Phanourios icon, Oakleigh Church
Church of Cyprus articles
Panagia Kamariani, Red Hill
Editing of articles not my own
List of my favourites:
- Church of Jerusalem
- Church of the Holy Sepulchre (Jerusalem)
- Demetrios of Thessaloniki
- OrthodoxWiki:Articles from the DEC