- Come, O faithful, let us work zealously for the Master,
For He distributes wealth to His servants.
Let each of us according to his ability increase his talent of grace:
Let one be adorned in wisdom through good works; let another celebrate a service in splendor.
The one distributes his wealth to the poor; the other communicates the word to those untaught.
Thus we shall increase what has been entrusted to us, and, as faithful stewards of grace,
We shall be accounted worthy of the Master's joy.
Make us worthy of this, O Christ our God, in Thy love for mankind.
- Aposticha from Bridegroom Matins of Great and Holy Tuesday
- "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead
- "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
- "An immoral society betrays humanity because it betrays the basis for humanity, which is memory. An immoral society deals with memory as some politicians deal with politics. A moral society is committed to memory: I believe in memory. The Greek word alethia means Truth, Things that cannot be forgotten. I believe in those things that cannot be forgotten and because of that so much in my work deals with memory... What do all my books have in common? A commitment to memory. What is opposite of memory? Alzheimer's." — Elie Weisel, “Building a Moral Society