Tikhon of Zadonsk
"Do we forgive our neighbors their trespasses? God also forgives us in His mercy. Do we refuse to forgive? God, too, will refuse to forgive us. As we treat our neighbors, so also does God treat us. The forgiveness, then, of your sins or unforgiveness, and hence also your salvation or destruction, depend on you yourself, man. For without forgiveness of sins there is no salvation. You can see for yourself how terrible it is." -- Journey to Heaven.
"We were created for eternal life by our Creator, we are called to it by the word of God, and we are renewed by holy Baptism. And Christ the Son of God came into the world for this, that He should call us and take us there, and He is the one thing needful. For this reason your very first endeavor and care should be to receive it. Without it everything is as nothing, though you have the whole world under you."
Kontakion (Tone 8)
- Successor to the Apostles,
- adornment of hierarchs, and teacher of the Orthodox Faith:
- beseech the Master of all to grant peace to the universe
- and to our souls great mercy.
Troparion (Tone 8)
- From your youth you loved Christ, O blessed one.
- You have been an example for all by word, life, love, faith, purity, and humility.
- Therefore, you now abide in the heavenly mansions,
- where you stand before the throne of the All-holy Trinity.
- Holy Hierarch Tikhon, pray for the salvation of our souls