Talk:Western Rite Criticism
I wanted to point out that you keep deleting an External Link that was added by one of the key Sysops of OrthodoxWiki. I have re-added it because I think that if ASDamick added it in the first place there is a reason for it. Besides, you can not delete a link simply because you do not agree with its content - especially since on this page they are stating the FOR and AGAINST arguments ... Regards, -- Vasiliki 16:48, February 12, 2008 (PST)
- I believe you are confused on two counts:
- 1. The link was not added by Fr. Andrew, but by "Juliandelphiki." That's clear if you look in the history. It was added to the original "Western Rite" article by "Ephremsyrianos" -- who also happens to be the proprietor of said blog.
- 2. I have not deleted this westernritecritic blog because I disagree with it; I disagree with the articles at Holy Trinity Cathedral (Fr. Michael Johnson, etc.), too. I removed it because it is neither a serious nor substantive blog and adds nothing above and beyond the articles already listed. Indeed, it appears to state the Western Rite Vicariate is somehow a harbinger of the "end times" (!). Those who have noticed it have either mocked it or lamented its existence as useless and destructive -- and these are observers outside the Orthodox Church. Let's keep the arguments substantive. -- User:Willibrord.
- I believe you are right that I was confused. When I did a History, the way I understood the screen was that it was added by ASDamick. It must be due to my relative newness to the site, I still dont use it 100% yet ... however, you seem to provide a substantial and logical reason for removing it ... so, i apologise for making the comment :-) No harm done in checking each others work ... so dont have taken it personally. -- Vasiliki 17:15, February 12, 2008 (PST)
- Willibrord, I was rather hoping that it would end up being a substantive weblog, but it honestly mainly seems to have as its central message "I don't like the WR and its adherents are a bunch of weasels" (or words to that effect). So I think eliminating the link on the grounds that it adds nothing of substance to the article is warranted. (It's also pretty clearly the work of an Agenda, which is rarely useful.) —Fr. Andrew talk contribs (THINK!) 18:26, February 12, 2008 (PST)
Contrary to the edit, many prayers and rites of the Liturgy of St. Tikhon are pre-Schism: the Aufer a Nobis, the Oramus te, the Collect for Purity, the Kyrie, the Gloria, the Nicene Creed, many of the propers, etc., etc. --Willibrord 05:34, February 16, 2009 (UTC)