Talk:Primacy and Unity in Orthodox Ecclesiology
Does anyone else have a problem with the fact that Metropolitan Zizioulas is quoted in the opening line of this article? Vasiliki
No. He is both one of the leading Orthodox theologians of our day, but also one who has written a good deal on ecclesiology and primary. --Fr Lev 00:12, April 13, 2009 (UTC)
Edits - Adam A.J. DeVille & Brian E. Daley
Seems like the author, Adam A.J. DeVille, is modifying this article to sell his book!!! Wsk 13:33, May 16, 2011 (UTC)
- Yes I agree it seems to be something like that.
- The following edit should be reversed:
- "Daley demolishes the usual nonsense about 'primacy of honor' meaning the primate is a toothless titular smiling beningly and impotently over the Church."
- This statement, referring to RC theologian Brian E. Daley, reflects an obvious RC bias without directly identifying or providing any explanation or substantiation from the source itself, and is therefore against the OW Style Manual. Daley's article can certainly be listed in the bibliography, or quoted from directly, however free editorializing such as this should be removed.
- Also, on a point of reference, Dr. Adam DeVille, is a subdeacon of the Ukrainian Catholic Church, even though the publisher calls him an “Orthodox” theologian!!!
- In general I think that both sources should be listed in the article, but I would reverse all of the particular edits that were done here. Angellight 888 14:43, May 16, 2011 (UTC)