Talk:Orthodoxy in America
Revision as of 20:27, December 15, 2006 by Gabriela
Is this supposed to be Orthodoxy in America, or the United States of America?
- I believe that the article covers Orthodoxy anywhere in North and South America, from Canada to Chile. However, right now it focuses (as does much of Orthowiki) mainly on jurisdictions in the USA. This is partially justified as there seem to be more Orthodox faithful here than in Latin America, which is predominantly Catholic. If you can add more info about the Church in Canada(which we have a bit of) or in Central/South America, please help us out there.
- Oh, and it's really helpful, too, if you can sign your discussion comments. Just add four tildes (4 ~s), and your user name and the date and time will appear automatically. It's a lot less confusing for later readers. Gabriela 20:56, December 14, 2006 (PST)
- Without wanting to contradict, there are no links to any articles, even for Canadian institutions or jurisdictions (e.g. List of Canadian monasteries), and the image is of the USA flag - ISTM that the category is, as it stands, entirely focused on the state of Orthodoxy in the USA - and adding more countries, I think, would definitely make it too cluttered and massive. $0.02, anyway. — edited by Pιsτévο talk complaints at 04:17, December 15, 2006 (PST)
- I also agree that this is just an Orthodoxy in the United States of America series, not even a North America series, no Mexico. The Ukrainian link takes you to Ukrainian Orthodox Church in the USA, nothing of Ukrainian Orthodox Church of Canada. The series is under the US flag. Andrew 09:43, December 15, 2006 (PST)
- FWIW, as the bloke who mainly compiled the article, my intent was for it to refer to the US. While "America" may technically refer to various other places, I can think of no one outside of citizens of the USA who actually refer to themselves as "American." —Fr. Andrew talk contribs 17:25, December 15, 2006 (PST)
- Ok, in that case I'm thoroughly wrong. Orthodoxy in the USA it is! Gabriela 20:27, December 15, 2006 (PST)