Talk:Journeys to Orthodoxy
Currently no pages link here. How will anyone know to find this page? Also - would an introductory paragraph be appropriate for this page? -- Geoff
- I suggest we use Category:Journeys to Orthodoxy for this page, and make simply incorporate an introductory paragraph (if you'd like to write one) and external links onto the category page. This would also make it easy for people to add their own testimonies to the site (we can protect the pages from editing at the author's request). How does that sound?
Do y'all (southern, sorry) think that Journeys to Orthodoxy is an appropriate long term title. I would think that something like Conversion is clearer. --[[User:Joe Rodgers|Joe ( talk » inspect » chat )]] 21:34, 5 Jul 2005 (EDT)
- I know a good many folks that would prefer that "convert" drop entirely from Orthodox vocabulary when referring to Orthodox Christians who were Christians before they became part of the Orthodox Church. I have a certain amount of sympathy for that position.
- Journeys does sound a little cheesy, though—perhaps we can take a cue from the EOC crew and use Becoming Orthodox? That may well cause some confusion as to whether the article refers to the process by which one becomes Orthodox (though we could just put a disambiguation link at the top referring to such an article).
- The upshot is that I don't have a good suggestion at this point, but I do rather think that Journeys to Orthodoxy doesn't quite seem to have that encyclopedic diginity.
- (Why are you apologizing for being Southern?) :) —Dcn. Andrew talk random contribs 07:56, 6 Jul 2005 (EDT)
- Yeah, I rather liked that English Orthodox article about conversion. It talks about the use of the word "convert."
I'm not really sure why there's an "external links" section at the bottom, since much of the entire page is external links. Is there another categorization these could fall under? —magda 11:29, 7 Jul 2005 (EDT)