Talk:Holy Cross Monastery (Niagara Falls, New York)
Revision as of 11:35, August 2, 2006 by Stefan
Dn. Damick, please let me know what is it that you don't like --Stefan 09:31, July 31, 2006 (CDT)
- The article needs to be wikified, which includes standardizing the introduction and adding wikilinks to relevant articles. Additionally, it needs to be reworded in an encyclopedic fashion. At the moment, it's written in the first person and reads as an introduction from the monastery itself. It needs to be rewritten in the third person in the form of a "report" on the monastery.
- A good example of an article on a monastery is: Patriarchal Stavropegic Monastery of St. John the Baptist (Maldon, Essex). Additionally, editors may wish to take a look at some of the other articles in Category:Monasteries to see other examples.
- You comment in the edit summary that the original text hasn't been touched in any way—it needs to be. Additionally, since this is an "original text," its source needs to be cited and we need to make sure that inclusion of it does not violate any copyright. —Dcn. Andrew talk random contribs 09:38, July 31, 2006 (CDT)
- Sorry, Dn. Damick, I think you're a little too picky. The original text (as well as the current one) was only a piece of information about a monastery. You don't need any special right to publish such a note about something that went public. If I am wrong, then there was no newspaper today. Also, a link to the source is even more than citing the source. I did take it personal because it doesn't look as a crowded place over here. Anyways, I agree with you about the format and thank you for doing it. --Stefan 14:35, August 2, 2006 (CDT)
- Addendum: I've done the recommended work. If anything is in error or needs to be added, all are welcome to do so. Also, just as a note—I was just tagging the article to indicate that work was needed, not that anyone in particular had to do it. —Dcn. Andrew talk random contribs 10:27, July 31, 2006 (CDT)
- Thank you. If needed, more details can be found by following the external link.--Stefan 11:24, July 31, 2006 (CDT)