I think it's worth leaving in the fact that Clendenin knows what he's talking about more than most of the other writers linked here. -FrJohn
- Agreed. I'm gonna "scholarize" the lingo a bit, then. --Rdr. Andrew
- Great! FrJohn
Can anyone find a page in which to insert a link to this article? At the moment it exists in isolation... --Matrona 11:19, 14 Oct 2005 (EDT)
I am concerned seeing the Coptic Orthodox Church listed as Anti-Orthodox under this category.
- I am removing this section/sub-heading, as there are no links or other information. Any links or other information which may come up might better be structured under Oriental Orthodox, or another page relating to the differences between Chalcedonian and Non-Chalcedonian congregations (for instance, Christology or Council of Chalcedon). Arbible, it might be a good idea to think of this inclusion as an honest mistake, i.e., give the benefit of a doubt, rather than a signal of "fighting." [[User:Magda|—magda (talk)]] 11:40, 21 Oct 2005 (EDT)
- Thank you v much - God Bless+++
- I most certainly did NOT list the Coptic religion as "anti-Orthodox". I merely provided a category where information on and links to non-Chalcedonian polemics could be added. I would appreciate it if the category was added back. --Matrona 13:30, 21 Oct 2005 (EDT)
I think we can both pray for persecuted Christians around the world and focus on Christology. There clearly is much to discuss, and no official proclamations regarding the Christological questions between the Chalcedonians and Non-Chalcedonians have yet been promulgated. So it's not a dead question by any means.
In any event, while I do think that putting Non-Chalcedonian polemics against Chalcedonians into this article is probably not the best thing to do (if only because it's a large enough issue to warrant separate treatment), it is worthy of mention that according to official policy, Orthodox is defined on OrthodoxWiki as a term biased in favor of Mainstream Chalcedonian Orthodoxy. While Non-Chalcedonian material is welcome here, it is as "guests" that such material is welcome and not as "standard." —[[User:ASDamick|—Fr. Andrew talk contribs (THINK!)]] 18:25, 21 Oct 2005 (EDT)
- Thank you. I respect your policy. God Bless+
- Thanks for understanding. --Matrona 21:09, 21 Oct 2005 (EDT)
Just a note to say that I've removed the empty headings here. I think, as regards the non-chalcedonians, that the Christological issues are dealt with adequately elsewhere. This page was envisioned (by me at least) as dealing more with newer/modern polemics. Let me add that I am very happy to have so much Coptic/Non-Chalcedonian material on OrthodoxWiki. I think our hearts are very close. While I do not want to cover over any significant issues which yet divide us (as Rdr. Andrew and others have brought up), I hope that this website could contribute in some small way to the feelings of brotherhood and unity we do have. Fr. John