Stanley S. Harakas
Father Stanley Samuel Harakas is a priest of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. He is a distinguished teacher of Orthodox theology, and a significant resource in Orthodox ethics. He served as dean of Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology and Hellenic College where he also taught. He also was visiting professor at a number of other schools.
Fr. Stanley received his collegiate education from Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School, earning both undergraduate and theology degrees. Prior to his ordination to the priesthood in 1956, Stanley was married to Emily G. Maniates. They had five children. In 1965, he earned a Doctor of Theology degree from Boston University.
Fr. Harakas is the author of fifteen books and five pamphlets concerning both scholarly and popular theological subjects. Additionally, he has written over a hundred scholarly articles.
Fr. Harakas also served as pastor of a number parishes in Massachusetts. In retirement Fr. Harakas has continued to serve Christ by serving new missionary parishes in the American South: in 2001, as the priest of Christ the Savior Greek Orthodox Church in Atlanta, Georgia, and in 2002 at a new parish in Brooksville, Florida.
- Toward Transfigured Life: The "Theoria" of Eastern Orthodox Ethics ISBN 978-0937032282
- Living the Faith: The "Praxis" of Eastern Orthodox Ethics ISBN 978-0937032923
- Health and Medicine in the Eastern Orthodox Tradition ISBN 978-0824509347
- Let Mercy Abound: Social Concern in the Greek Orthodox Church ISBN 978-0916586614
- Contemporary Moral Issues Facing the Orthodox Christian ISBN 978-0937032244
- Living the Liturgy: A practical guide for participating in the divine liturgy of the Eastern Orthodox Church ISBN 978-0937032176
- The Orthodox Church: 455 Questions and Answers ISBN 978-0937032565
- Of Life and Salvation: Reflections on living the Christian life ISBN 978-1880971178
- Wholeness of Faith and Life: Eastern Orthodox Ethics (3 vols.)
- Orthodox Christian Beliefs: Real Answers to Real Questions from Real People ISBN 978-1880971710
- Orthodox Beliefs About the Bible ISBN 978-1880971833
- "Analyzing Ethically Orthodox Sources for Addressing Ecological Issues"
- "Crisis In Education: A Moral Cause"
- "Faith in General and Faith Specific"
- "For the Health of Body and Soul: An Eastern Orthodox Introduction to Bioethics"
- "The Genius and Barriers of Orthodox Worship"
- "God, Science, and Religion"
- "Journey to the Cross"
- "Newsmagazines and Christianity: An Unscientific Review"
- "No Just War in the Fathers"
- "Now What?"
- An Orthodox View on Child Abuse"
- "Paschal Light"
- "Pastoral Guidelines: Church Positions Regarding the Sanctity of Human Life"
- "Patriarch, Pope and Orthodox Life"
- "Provoked to Repentance"
- "Reflections on the Word of God"
- "Repent, Then Obey"
- "The Stand of the Orthodox Church on Controversial Issues"
- "Suffering and Victory"
- "Why? The Virginia Tech Murders"