St. Sergius Orthodox Theological Institute (Paris, France)
The St. Sergius Orthodox Theological Institute, founded in 1925, is an establishment of private higher education, legalized as such in France and functioning under the aegis of the Academy of Paris. It is under the Russian Orthodox Exarchate in Western Europe. The mission of the St. Sergius Institute is to form educated priests and laypeople, intending to serve actively the Orthodox Church and representing it in the ecumenical dialogue, as well as in the religious and cultural life of their own country.
The St. Sergius Institute:
- Offers a complete program of "Licence", "Master" and "Doctoral" degrees;
- Serves as a center of theological education by correspondence ;
- Is a center of pastoral training;
- Provides teaching in the sacred arts, iconography and liturgical singing;
- Serves as a laboratory for research in religious history and science;
- Contains a library of more than 35,000 books and rare journals;
- Is a place of meeting and colloquia, including the annual "Liturgical Week" sessions.
Teaching is in the French language. There is a charge for fallowing courses and scholarships are available.
- ↑ http://www.saint-serge.net/article.php3?id_article=59
- ↑ http://www.saint-serge.net/article.php3?id_article=28
- l'Institut de Théologie Orthodoxe Saint-Serge, Official Website (in French)