St. Petroc Monastery (Cascades, Tasmania)
|Saint Petroc Monastery|
|Type||Semi-Eremitic Male Monastery|
|Location||Cascades, Tasmania, Australia|
|Music used||Western Rite, Sarum|
Saint Petroc Monastery is a semi-eremitic monastic community for men in the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia located in Cascades, Tasmania. In 1997 it became a ROCOR (Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia) establishment under the omophorion of His Grace Archbishop Hilarion (Kapral) of Sydney. The current superior is Hieromonk Michael, and the monastery has been assigned the task of attracting people of Anglo-Saxon-Celtic background to Orthodoxy using the Western Rite of the Orthodox Church.
The Monastery consists of two affiliated houses, Saint Petroc House with a small chapel, at Cascades and Holyrood House, with a small chapel at Avondale. The Monastery has the mechanism for creating attached monastery missions and parishes.
- 1992 - Saint Petroc Monastery founded.
- 1997 - The monastery was received, by Archbishop Hilarion (Kapral) into the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia.
- 1998 - The monastery begins the mission of Saint Stephen's in Launceston. Fr. Michael becomes a chaplain at the University of Tasmania.
- 2003 - Saint Colman Prayer Book, compiled by the monastery, is authorised for use in ROCOR.
- 2004 June - Monastery, calls a meeting of Western Rite clergy from Australia and New Zealand, regarding the future of the Western Rite in Australasia.
|Orthodoxy in Australia: Monasteries|
|Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia|
| Male: Pantanassa | St George | St John |
Female: Gorgoepikoos | Holy Cross
|Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia|
| Male: Holy Transfiguration | Archangel Michael |
Proph. Elias | St John the Baptist | Holy Trinity
Female: Our Lady of Kazan | Presentation
| Male: New Kalenic (Serbian) | St Sava (Serbian) |
Female: St Anna (Antiochian) | Nativity Skete (Serbian)