St. Anna Convent (Preston, Victoria)
|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Orthodoxy in New Zealand Timeline
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos|
Antiochian - Met Abp Paul
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Serbian - Bp Irinej
Romanian - Bp Michael
GOM NZ - Met Amphilochios
| Episcopal Assembly of Oceania|
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
O.L. of Kazan
|Proph. Elias |
St John Mtn
St Sava (Elaine)
|Edit this box|
The Holy Monastery of St Anna is a monastic community for women under the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of Australia and New Zealand. The monastery is located in Preston, Melbourne, Victoria, and was established around 2002 under the omophorion of His Eminence Metropolitan Paul of Australia and New Zealand. The current abbess is Riasaphor Virginia; there is currently 1 nun in residence.
- 2002 Feb - At this time, the Abbess is already editing Orthodox Contact, a publication of the Antiochian Orthodox Church of St Nicholas.
- 2002 May 16 - first Liturgy, celebrated by Archimandrite Nabil (Kachab).
- 2003 MIOCS idea begins. Rassophor Virginia is the registrar.
- 2004 MIOCS has first lectures; Rassophor Virginia lectures along with some Melbourne clergy.
- 2005 Rassophor Virginia is assisted in her editing of Orthodox Contact by Shamassy Clare.
- Library and reading room
- The Word, p12
- MIOCS. Articles about MIOCS in the University of Melbourne's United Faculty of Theology News:
- Orthodox Contact. News about the Monastery:
- June 2002 - News about the First Liturgy
- August 2002 - Brief note about first feastday of the Monastery.
- Summer 2005 - Shamassy Clare begins co-editing Orthodox Contact. page 3.
- August 2003 - Brief note about cleaning up in preparation for the second feastday of the Monastery.
- February 2003 - A pilgrim goes to the monasteries of St Anna and [Monastery of Gorgoepikoos|Gorgoepikoos].