Skete of the Prophet Elias (Athos)

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: SKITE OF PROPHET ELIAS It was founded in 1759 by the Russian monk Paisio Velitchkofsky. The katholikon (main temple) was bouilt in 1903. It is dedicated to the Prophet Elijah, Saint Alexan...)
 
m (cleanup)
Line 1: Line 1:
SKITE OF PROPHET ELIAS
+
{{cleanup}}SKITE OF PROPHET ELIAS
 
It was founded in 1759 by the Russian monk Paisio Velitchkofsky. The katholikon (main temple) was bouilt in 1903. It is dedicated to the Prophet Elijah, Saint Alexandra and the Apostle Andrew. There are also three chapels in the skete, Saint Metropahnes and the Saints Theopatores the Saint Nicholas and the Annunciation. The skete is also home the miraculous icon of the the Weaping Mother of God (Dakrirooussa) and the Lactating Mother of God (Galaktotrofoussa) as well as invaluable objects of worship. The skete also has quite a rich library.Some other treasures of the Skite are a holy-bread box, crosses, e.t.c. It belongs to Pantokratoros monastery is inhabited by 12 Greek monks and is ceonobitic.  
 
It was founded in 1759 by the Russian monk Paisio Velitchkofsky. The katholikon (main temple) was bouilt in 1903. It is dedicated to the Prophet Elijah, Saint Alexandra and the Apostle Andrew. There are also three chapels in the skete, Saint Metropahnes and the Saints Theopatores the Saint Nicholas and the Annunciation. The skete is also home the miraculous icon of the the Weaping Mother of God (Dakrirooussa) and the Lactating Mother of God (Galaktotrofoussa) as well as invaluable objects of worship. The skete also has quite a rich library.Some other treasures of the Skite are a holy-bread box, crosses, e.t.c. It belongs to Pantokratoros monastery is inhabited by 12 Greek monks and is ceonobitic.  
  

Revision as of 18:25, November 9, 2009

This article or section needs a cleanup to bring it to a higher standard of quality. Recommendation:
See talk page.
More detailed comments may be noted on the talk page. You can help OrthodoxWiki by editing it, especially to conform to the Style Manual and the suggestions in How to write a great article.
SKITE OF PROPHET ELIAS

It was founded in 1759 by the Russian monk Paisio Velitchkofsky. The katholikon (main temple) was bouilt in 1903. It is dedicated to the Prophet Elijah, Saint Alexandra and the Apostle Andrew. There are also three chapels in the skete, Saint Metropahnes and the Saints Theopatores the Saint Nicholas and the Annunciation. The skete is also home the miraculous icon of the the Weaping Mother of God (Dakrirooussa) and the Lactating Mother of God (Galaktotrofoussa) as well as invaluable objects of worship. The skete also has quite a rich library.Some other treasures of the Skite are a holy-bread box, crosses, e.t.c. It belongs to Pantokratoros monastery is inhabited by 12 Greek monks and is ceonobitic.


LINKS

Mount Athos

Personal tools
Namespaces
Variants
Actions
Navigation
interaction
Donate

Please consider supporting OrthodoxWiki. FAQs

Toolbox