School of Byzantine Music (SAGOTC)
|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in Australia Timeline |
Orthodoxy in New Zealand Timeline
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|GOA Aus - Abp Stylianos|
Antiochian - Met Abp Paul
ROCOR - Met Hilarion
Serbian - Bp Irinej
Romanian - Bp Michael
GOM NZ - Met Amphilochios
| Episcopal Assembly of Oceania|
| Antiochian Orthodox |
Greek Orthodox (Aus)
O.L. of Kazan
|Proph. Elias |
St John Mtn
St Sava (Elaine)
|Edit this box|
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia School of Byzantine Music is under the auspices of St Andrew's Greek Orthodox Theological College. It began in 2005.
The School of Byzantine Music is the means by which the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia hopes to pass on the Byzantine musical tradition, and to train chanters for the parishes of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia. It also provides a reference point for Byzantine chanting in Australia.
Tuition is done by students, both those who attend St Andrew's and interested lay people in Sydney, attending one night a week during semester for three years. After this time and successful completion of the course, a diploma recognised by the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia is issued.
- Mr Asterios Zouriakas
- First chanter of the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of the Annunciation of the Theotokos, Redfern, Sydney, Australia.
- BTh (SAGOTC), BA, DipByzMus (Serres)
- Dr Dimitri Koubaroulis
- Lambadarios (left chanter) of the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of the Annunciation of the Theotokos, Redfern, Sydney, Australia.
- PhD (Computer Science); DipByzMus (Athens).
- Mr Gerasimos Koutsouras
- First chanter of the Greek Orthodox Church of St Sophia, Darlinghurst, Sydney, Australia.
- BA, MA (Sydney Uni.); MTh (Aristoteleian Uni. of Thessaloniki); DipByzMus (under D. Sourlantzis)
- Teacher of History, Modern Greek and Orthodox Christianity at All Saints’ Grammar.
- Former First chanter at St. Theodora, Thessaloniki.
Online Greek Orthodox Typikon
For ready to use and viewable Typikon services, http://www.e-typikon.com is a recognised online Greek Orthodox Typikon provider with ready to download Typikon services that are put together by an experienced and well educated team of Greek Orthodox Chanters. This fast and easy internet service provides Greek Orthodox Chanters and Church goers alike the opportunity to follow any Greek Orthodox service with an in depth and 100% accurate outline of the Typikon for that particular feast day.
Our team of Greek Orthodox Chanters are highly skilled professionals who work together to produce uncanny results resulting from many years of experience.
As chanter's we know how invaluable this source of material is. Each Typikon has been carefully assembled to provide the Greek Orthodox Chanter a clear and precise outline of the days’ service from start to finish in a flawless and straightforward manner.
• Minimise stress of finding chants at the last minute • Minimise space on the analogion • Minimise search time through the endless books a chanter has at his disposal
To be able to have one single Typikon document outlining the days’ service in an easy to read and straightforward format better helps the Greek Orthodox Chanter prepare himself before each and every piece mentally and spiritually.
- Official website, hosted by Analogion.
|Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia|
|St. Andrew's Greek Orthodox Theological College|
|St. Basil's Homes | Estia Foundation | ProviCare Foundation|
|St. Andrew's Orthodox Press|
|Phronema | TO VEMA | The Voice of Orthodoxy|
| Byzantine Music School | Australian Byzantine Choir, NSW |
Saint John of Damascus, SA | David the Psalmist, Vic.