Philotheos (Zervakos) of Paros
Revision as of 17:32, January 14, 2008 by Ixthis888
- Blessed Elder Philotheos (Zervakos) was born 1884 in a small village of the Peloponese and was given the name of Constantine at his Holy Baptism.
- From childhood he demonstrated an exceptional love for God.
- In 1912, April 22, Father Philotheos was ordained to the priesthood by Metropolitan Gabriel of Trifilia and Olympia.
- In 1924, he made an extensive pilgrimage to the Holy land and Egypt. This is all described in his book published in 1925 "Great and Wondrous Pilgrimages to Palestine and Sinai".
- In 1930, Elder Ierotheos reposed and Father Philotheos succeeded him as abbot of Longovarda.
: At this stage, Father Philotheos had the reputation of a Saint.
- Blessed Elder Philotheos (Zervakos) died on the morning of May 8 with the new calendar.
- He is classified as a Modern Orthodox Saint.
- His Spiritual Father was Saint Nektarios of Aigina.