Revision as of 17:32, October 15, 2007 by Magda
The name Paraskevi comes from the Greek word meaning preparation. It is also the Greek word for Friday.
There are several saints named Paraskevi (also spelled Parascheva or Paraskeva):
- Virgin-Martyr Paraskevi of Rome (July 26)
- St. Parascheva the New; in the world "Petka"; also known as Paraskevi of Serbia (October 14)
- Great-martyr Paraskevi of Iconium (October 28)
- Righteous Virgin Paraskevi of Pirimin on the Pinega River (Archangelsk) (October 28)
- Martyr Paraskevi, sister to Great-martyr Photini the Samaritan Woman (February 26)