Revision as of 23:31, January 31, 2008 by Ixthis888
Panagia Phaneromene (Gr. Revealed)
List of monasteries
- Phaneromeni monastery, Aigina (Greece)
- The monastery of Phaneromeni lies just behind the exit from the town of Aigina, to the south-east, on the road to Agia Marina bay called Phaneromeni. On the site, the church is a three-aisled basilica, of which the apses are still clearly recognisable. The constructions began sometime in the 13th century, which remained unfinished. The Bishop of Aigina, in the 19th century, lived near this monastery and there remain two underground chapels that can be reached from his garden to a small cave. The icon of Phaneromene is supposed to have been found during the construction of the church in the 13th century in this cave. Today, this estate, its surrounds and the monastery of Phaneromeni belong to the monastery of Chrysoleontissa, which is a little further inland.
- Phaneromeni monastery, Anavriti (Peloponnese, Greece)
- This monastery is an antique religious construction which is also built within a cave. It is very appealing to tourist due to its structural characteristics and its unique location.
- This monastery was founded in the late 19th century and is situated at an altitude of 800m - it is very hospitable, warm and friendly and celebrates its feast day on November 9
- Phaneromeni monastery, Salamina (Greece)
- Phaneromeni monastery, Petrovouni, Messinia (Peloponnese, Greece)