Orthodoxy in New Zealand
|This article forms part of the series|
|Orthodoxy in NZ - Timeline |
Gk Orthodox Archd. of ANZ
|Greek - Met Amphilochios|
Antiochian - Apr Jack Witbrock
ROCOR - Apr Vladimir Boikov
Serbian - Apr Velibor Bojičić
Romanian - Bp Mihail
|Edit this box|
Orthodoxy in New Zealand, beginning in 1910, has had a short history, but a very productive one. This article seeks to be a clearinghouse of information and links regarding the history, state and future of Orthodox Christianity in New Zealand.
With local bishop
- Greek Orthodox Metropolis of New Zealand, headed by His Eminence Amphilochios, Metropolitan of New Zealand.
Without local bishop
- Antiochian Orthodox Deanery of New Zealand, headed by Dean V Rev Archp Fr Jack Witbrock, under the omophorion of His Eminence Paul, Metropolitan Archbishop of Australia and New Zealand.
- Romanian Orthodox Church in Australia and New Zealand; with five parishes in Australia and one in New Zealand.
- Serbian Orthodox Church of Australia and New Zealand and Serbian Orthodox Diocese of Australia and New Zealand - New Gracanica Metropolitanate, headed by His Grace Milutin, Bishop of Australia and New Zealand.
With an irregular status
- Macedonian Orthodox Diocese of Australia and New Zealand: As part of the Macedonian Orthodox Church, this diocese is not in full communion with any of the mainstream Orthodox Churches. This diocese, headed by His Grace Metropolitan Petar, Metropolitan of Australia and New Zealand, has no churches or parishes in New Zealand.
- Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia - Diocese of Australia and New Zealand: The establishment of the ROCOR Synod was provided for by St Tikhon of Moscow. ROCOR is in communion with the Churches of Serbia and Jerusalem, and is currently in rapproachment with its mother church, a process ratified in 2006 by the Fourth All-Diaspora Council and the Holy Synod of ROCOR. This diocese is part of ROCOR and is headed by His Grace Archbishop Hilarion, Bishop of Australia and New Zealand.
- Archimandrite Antonious (Mobayed), exarch of the Church of Antioch to the Church of Russia, then first parish priest and exarch in Melbourne, Australia.
- Archimandrite Nicholas (Manovitch), first priest in New Zealand.
- V. Rev. Fr Nicholas Shehadie, first exarch in Australia of the Church of Antioch.
- V. Rev. Fr Jack Witbrock, archpriest and dean of the Deanery of New Zealand, Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese
- V. Rev. Fr Ilyan Eades, archpriest in the Deanery of New Zealand, Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese.
- Rev. Fr Ian Nield, priest in the Deanery of New Zealand, Antiochian Orthodox Archdiocese.
(Only major figures with articles are listed)
- Parishes in Australasia celebrating the Western Rite
- Complete list of bishops in Australasia, past and present (includes auxiliary bishops).
|Parishes in Australasia and Oceania|