OrthodoxWiki talk:Community Portal
(→Unable to Save - 500.shtml)
|(One intermediate revision by one user not shown)|
Latest revision as of 11:28, January 29, 2010
I am confused. Unlike Wikipedia, there is no way to create new pages or request pages be made. I am very familiar with Wikipedia and I don't know how to get this done here. The pages we need are: 1) Father Arseny, aka Piotr Andreyevitch Streltzof (1893 – 1973). and maybe 2) former evangelical comedian turned Orthodox cultist Mike Warnke and his Holy Orthodox Catholic Church in Kentucky. Here are some websites on the latter.
Email me.--Ryan Close 17:39, June 30, 2009 (UTC)
- Take a look at the "How to create a new page" link in the welcome message on your Talk page. —Fr. Andrew talk contribs (THINK!) 00:54, July 18, 2009 (UTC)
I took off the 'To Do' list because so much of it was done - that's great! I just sent out an email to the OCA Clergy list soliciting contributions. More solicitations to come. FrJohn
Does anyone know how to add bookstores to the book list that comes up when you click on an ISBN number? It seems a little sparse right now. It would be great to add Orthodox sellers like light-n-life.com, svspress.com, eightdaybooks.com, and so on. FrJohn
- I was just going to do that, and I cannot determine where articles on priest, deacon, bishop, hieromonk, etc. should go. I was thinking an "Orders" subcat in "Ecclesiology". --Basil 20:05, 24 Jan 2005 (CST)
Methinks we ought to apportion this page into several discussion sub-pages, e.g., OrthodoxWiki:Meta Reflections, OrthodoxWiki:Suggestions (to be a renaming of Suggestions for future development), OrthodoxWiki:Administration, OrthodoxWiki:Help wanted, OrthodoxWiki:Categories, OrthodoxWiki:Free-for-all, etc. Comments? --Rdr. Andrew 09:10, 25 Jan 2005 (CST)
Hey, doesn't Wikipedia have a newsfeed? We've got to figure out how to do that too. That's something for the admin to do list... FrJohn 15:41, 25 Jan 2005 (CST)
- Never mind -- I found it. See Special:Newpages.
Skins and FAQs
I notice some skins (well, at least CologneBlue) prominently feature an OrthodoxWiki:FAQ page. Maybe we should think about this at some point in the future, or even just slip in a redirect to something appropriate. Fr. John
Was wondering if you would be intereseted in creating an IRC channel for the wiki. I am an avid WordPress user and have found their #wordpress IRC channel a very helpful addendum to their wiki Codex manual.
The channel could be used for sysops and users to basically do group chat and might help communication.
I know of several others that are using the IRC channel that Kevin Basil created called #orthodoxy, but it is registered with lplug.org. I personally think that freenode gets a lot more coverage. Anyways, let me know what you think.
--Joe Rodgers 00:17, 16 Jun 2005 (EDT)
- Hey JOW - this is our own business. Feel free to email me privately if you want to talk seriously about what your beef is - otherwise, you're still banned from the wiki for the previous abuse. — FrJohn (talk)
Hello, in the section "How to contribute", said "We also recommend the Wikipedia Extension for Mozilla Firefox". The link to "Wikipedia Extension" doesn't work now and I have no idea what was meant. Is it same Wikipedia search toolbar found at mozdev.org? --Cat68 22:55, February 16, 2007 (PST)
Double redirects, FYI
Hi, I think adding 'clean up' tags to just about EVERY article I create is getting beyond ridiculous ... I cant believe that everything I contribute is considered by Martha as rubbish and requiring clean up ... I think Administrators need to moderate how much 'policing' they exhibit on this site as it can appear to be personal and out of control some times ... I challenge anyone to compare the Jacob disambiguation page to the Mary disambiguation page and explain to me why the Jacob page requires a clean up and the mary page DOES NOT? If anything the format is the same, the etymology is there, all saints with that name have been listed, put into chronological list AND linked to availale OW pages ...do u know how much work went into doing that? It was hours ...and its disappointing to have a 'clean up' tag just added with no IDEA what it is I need to clean up! Vasiliki 06:47, April 10, 2008 (UTC)
- It is true that the tag is often included in an article without an explanation—it would help if we were all a little more fastidious in that regard. In any event, it's never meant personally. It's just a mark noting that work needs to be done on the article to bring it up to OrthodoxWiki standards. It may appear that your articles have been tagged often, but let's face it: you've also added a rather massive number of new articles in a short time. It stands to reason that many tags may be included.
- I think the reason why many of your articles are tagged is that it's clear that academic English is not your primary means of communication, in addition to various non-standard bits of formatting and so forth. I can see a lot of things that need to be fixed in both the Jacob (disambiguation) and Mary articles (and most of the other disambig articles you've done), especially in their introductory paragraphs. They don't read as sentences, for instance—more like erratically parsed dictionary entries. The language notes need to be put inside parentheses, and there's a broken link in the Jacob article. If you want to see a well-done disambiguation page, check out Symeon (disambiguation) or Synaxis.
- Remember—it's not personal. A general rule, though, is that if you feel emotionally agitated by something on the wiki, it's probably best to take a wiki-break and then come back to the work later. —Fr. Andrew talk contribs (THINK!) 19:22, April 10, 2008 (UTC)
- Thank You for making the time to have this discussion. Vasiliki 01:51, April 11, 2008 (UTC)
I dont know where this can fit in ... so if anyone has any ideas: http://meetorthodox.com/ -IXthis
Unable to Save - 500.shtml
I am experiencing the following problem, it wont allow me to save or modify any articles. The following message appears:
- From OrthodoxWiki
- OrthodoxWiki does not currently have an article with this exact name. (Page titles on OrthodoxWiki are case sensitive except for the first character.)
- You can Start the 500.shtml article.
- If you have created this page in the past few minutes and it has not yet appeared, it may not be visible due to a delay in updating the database. Please wait and check again later before attempting to recreate the page.
- Search for 500.shtml in other articles.
- If you created an article under this title previously, it may have been deleted by the administration. (Check the deletion log)
- I am getting the same error Vasiliki. Tried logging out and backing in; tried editing smaller sections of an article, still no go. This error pops up. Angellight 888 16:44, October 6, 2009 (UTC)