OrthodoxWiki:Tools and hacks
This article is intended to provide an outline of some useful tools and hacks available for use on MediaWiki.
Users may customize the behavior and appearance of OrthodoxWiki pages. Usually, this is as simple as just cutting and pasting some code into your User:Name/monobook.js or User:Name/monoboox.css file.
- Navigation Popups - offers easy access to several OrthodoxWiki functions in popups which appear when you hover the mouse over links.
- Kate's Tool - makes it possible to count the total number of edit made by any user.
- Live Preview - adds a "live preview button" in edit mode and offers tooltips which include keyboard shortcuts.
- Bottom Tabs - Have the tab options at the bottom of a page too.
- w:User:Rdsmith4/monobook.css - Provides a floating edit bar on top instead of tabs
- html2wikipedia - A script which converts HTML to MediaWiki markup.
OrthodoxWiki's keyboard shortcuts offer quick navigation for power users.
- ALT-D - Show changes
- ALT-J - What links here
- ALT-K - Related changes
- ALT-L - My watchlist
- ALT-N - User talk
- ALT-O - Logout
- ALT-P - Show preview
- ALT-Q - Special Pages
- ALT-R - Recent changes
- ALT-S - Save changes
- ALT-U - Upload file
- ALT-X - Random page
- ALT-Y - My contributions
- ALT-Z - Main Page
- ALT-. - My user page