Here follows a list of all OrthodoxWiki templates.
Note: This list excludes templates for the use in related Church Calendar articles for particular dates. If you create a new template for any reason, please add it to this list. An automatically created list of all templates is available.
Templates should be created with no uppercase letters (the first letter is automatically capitalized). This will allow consistent use of lowercase letters for all templates.
- Template:Cleanup - Used to mark an article temporarily so that it can be brought to a higher standard
- Template:Disambig - Used to clear up cases where multiple usages exist for the same word
- Template:Inprogress - Used to tag an article temporarily while it's actively being developed
- Template:Oriental - Used for articles which may represent an Oriental Orthodox (non-Chalcedonian) view
- Template:Policy - Used for official OrthodoxWiki policy pages
- Template:Stub - Used to indicate articles that are sorely incomplete. (You can find all stubs here.) Other stubs exist for specific use (see below).
- Template:TOCright - Moves the Table of Contents to the right ( __NOTOC__ hides the Table of Contents)
- Template:Alphatoc - creates a compact Table of Contents for articles with alphabetical headers
These should be created with good judgment.
- Template:AusEpisStub - Hierarch who served in Australasia
- Template:AusMonStub - Australian Monastery
- Template:AusPerStub - Orthodox personality in Australasia
- Template:Welcome - Used to welcome and orient new members
- Template:Acceptrevised - Add to your User page to show retroactive acceptance of dual-licensing (for edits prior to Nov. 22, 2005; cf. Copyrights)
- Template:Discussion - Inspired by User:Arbible, this template makes a nice header for User Talk pages
- Template:Double - Used to identify an account operated by the same user that has a different account. Sometimes these are authorized. More often the duplicate is volunteered by the user and blocked. Please see OrthodoxWiki:User guidelines for more information.
- Template:Independent - Used to mark users who advertise their status as members of so-called "independent" Orthodox churches. We use this so that unsuspecting members will not be mistaken about their canonical status, as well as to avoid the criticism that OrthodoxWiki let's anybody represent Orthodoxy. As with other users, their submissions will be judged according to the quality of the content and its conformity with Orthodox teaching.
- Template:Vandalbot - Used for identified vandal/spambots
These templates have fields in which addition information, specific to the article, should be added. Fields left blank or deleted will show an error rather than be removed from the template: — or unknown should be used for inapplicable or missing information. (See the particular talk pages for an explanation of the fields.)
- Template:Church - Used for the main Church jurisdictions (not for a parish)
- Template:Diocese - Used for a diocese within a jurisdiction
- Template:Monastery - Used for a monastery
- Template:Succession - Used to show hierarchical succession; to be preceded by Template:Start box and followed by Template:End box; may be used in series (only one start and one end box in this case)
Copyright and Source Templates
- Template:Copyright - Indicates that there is a possible copyright violation
- Template:Default - used for images uploaded by the author or copyright holder under OrthodoxWiki's default terms.
- Template:Amazonimages - Used for all images coming from Amazon.com (esp. book cover illustrations). Please refer to Wikipedia's Images from Amazon.com for usage guidelines.
- Template:Beinecke - For images from the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library at Yale University
- Template:Cc by-nc-sa - Creative Commons Attribution/Non-Commercial/Share-alike License
- Template:Cc by-sa - Creative Commons Attribution/Share-alike License
- Template:Commons - Indicates that an image has been imported from the Wikimedia Commons
- Template:Cts.edu - For images from Christian Theological Seminary (cts.edu)
- Template:Fairuse - Asserts that this image or article falls under laws governing fair use
- Template:Flickr - Used for images from Flickr imported under a Creative Commons license
- Template:Gfdl - The GNU Free Documentation License
- Template:Hlp - Used for images from Holy Land Photos
- Template:Htm - Used for icons taken from Holy Transfiguration Monastery
- Template:Limited - Used for an image which is specifically permitted for the use of OrthodoxWiki in its unaltered form
- Template:Oca - Indicates that an image was used by permission from OCA.org; permission must be requested for each image (cf. here)
- Template:OWiki - Used for articles, images, etc., for which OrthodoxWiki and its operator(s) hold the copyright and where all rights are reserved.
- Template:Pd - Used for image or article which is known to be in the public domain
- Template:Skete.com - Used for icons taken from St. Isaac of Syria Skete
- Template:Loc - Used for images from the Library of Congress Photo Archive (http://www.loc.gov/rr/print/)
- Template:Defaultcopy - This template is used for noting items that have been submitted under OrthodoxWiki's default copyright policy.
- Template:Damickcopy - For ASDamick's stuff
- Template:Angels - For the articles about the ranks of angels
- Template:Churches - Autocephalous and Autonomous Churches of Orthodoxy
- Template:Orientalchurches - Churches of the Oriental Orthodox Communion
- Template:Orthodoxyinamerica - A bird's eye view of Orthodoxy in America
- Template:Orthodoxyinasia - Orthodoxy in Asia
- Template:Orthodoxyinaustralasia - Orthodoxy in Australasia
- Template:Orthodoxyinjapan - Orthodoxy in Japan
- Template:Orthodoxchristianity - An introduction series on Orthodox beliefs
- Template:Parishes of the USA - For the "List of parishes in [state-name]" series