Nikitas (Lulias) of Dardanellia
Metropolitan Nikitas (Lulias) was the inaugural Metropolitan of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia and is now serving as Director of the Patriarch Athenagoras Orthodox Institute. He is fluent in English, Greek and Russian and has a working knowledge of Latin, Church Slavonic and Spanish.
- 1955 June 22: Born to Constantine and Kelliope Lulias and the brother of John.
- 1975: Listed in the Who's Who of American Colleges and Universities
- 1976: Graduated, as a member of the University of Florida Honors Society, Savant, from a Bachelor of Arts (Hons) degree.
- 1979: Second listing in the Who's Who of American Colleges and Universities.
- 1980: After attending Holy Cross Greek Orthodox School of Theology, he graduated from a Master of Divinity (Hons).
- 1980-81: Rotary International Graduate Scholar
- 1981-82: Graduate Scholar of the Ministry of the Exterior, Greece
- 1982: Persued graduate studies at the University of Thessaloniki until November.
- Ordained. First assignment was Associate Pastor at Ss Constantine and Helen Cathedral, Merriville, Indiana.
- 1987: Became chancellor of the Greek Orthodox Diocese of Chicago, Illinois, until 1995.
- 1988-91: Taught theology at Loyola University, Chicago
- 1989-present: Member, Board of Directors, the Hellenic Foundation
- 1990-92: Teen Living Program volunteer. 1992 saw him made Volunteer of the Year.
- 1991: Member of the Executive Committee, National Workshop - Relations between Christians and Jews
- 1991-92: Member of the Board of Directors of the Hellenic Museum
- Period as Chancellor also saw involvement in lecturing in Orthodox Christianity and being a member of the steering committee of the 32nd Biennial Clergy-Laity Congress.
- 1992-93: Studied Russian at St Petersburg Theological Seminary, Russia, from late 1992 to mid 1993.
- 1994: Appointed Director of Development for the International Orthodox Christian Charities
- 1995 July 1: Appointed Pastor of St Demetrios Orthodox Church, Chicago
- 1996 December 14: Consecrated to the episcopacy, named Metropolitan of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia at the Patriarchal Cathedral of St George the Great Martyr, Phanar.
- January 12: Enthroned at the Cathedral of St Luke the Evangelist, Hong Kong.
- 2007 March: Appointed Director of the Patriarch Athenagoras Orthodox Institute in Berkeley, California