Nikandros (Palyvos) of Dorileou
Bishop Nikandros of Dorileou is currently the titular bishop of Dorileou, serving as the auxiliary bishop to Archbishop Stylianos, responsible for the Third Archdiocesan District of South Australia and the Northern Territory and the Fifth Archdiocesan District of Western Australia.
- 1947: Nikolaos Palyvos born in Styra of Karystia. Went on to study at Theological School of the University of Athens.
- 1969: Ordained to diaconate.
- 1970: Ordained to priesthood. Served as parish priest in Metropolis of Karystia and Syros, and Vicar-General to Metropolitan.
- 1974: Graduated from Theological School. Also attended lessons at Law School of University of Athens for three years.
- ~1982: Began teaching theology in Greek secondary education system for eighteen consecutive years.
- 1989: Transferred to parish of St Alexander in P. Faliro, made secretary of Metropolis of Nea Smyrni.
- 2000 Sep: Received certificate of discharge from Metropolis of Nea Smyrni to join Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of Australia. Assigned to Parish of St John in Carlton, Melbourne.
- 2001 Feb 25: Consecrated bishop.
- Mar 2: Arrived in Perth to head the Fifth Archdiocesan District of Western Australia.
- 2002 Jun: After Bishop Joseph of Arianzos was transferred from Adelaide to Melbourne, Bishop Nikandros transferred to Adelaide to head the Third Archdiocesan District of South Australia and Northern Territory in addition to existing duties.