Nektarios (Tsilis) of Hong Kong
Revision as of 17:12, January 10, 2008 by Pistevo
The Very Reverend Archimandrite Nektarios (Tsilis) is the Metropolitan-elect of the Orthodox Metropolitanate of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia. He is fluent in Greek and English.
- 1969: Born in Dodoni, Ioannina, Greece
- Graduate of the Theology Academy in Athens
- Graduate of the Theological School of the University of Athens.
- 1990: Ordained to diaconate. Served in parishes of the Metropolis of Piraeus: the Annunciation of the Theotokos, the Holy Unmercenaries and St Sophia.
- 1995-2001: Ordained to priesthood. Served as preacher of the Metropolis, Rector of the parish of the Life-Giving Fountain, Secretary of the Metropolis' Youth Organisation, President of the committee of the Church of Hatzikyriakou Orphanage, director of the radio program "Peiraiki Ecclesia 91.2FM" and deputy manager of the magazine "Peiraiki Ecclesia".
- 2001-2008: Served as the Vicar of the Holy Metropolis of Samos and Ikaria, member of the Spiritual Court, Rector of the Cathedral of St Nicholas, Samos, Chairman of the Board of Panagia Spyliani and Abbot of Panagia Vrodiani Monastery.
- Represented the Metropolises of Piraeus and Samos in youth conferences, seminars on cults and new religious movements and issues concerning Europe's stance on religion.
- Regularly contributed to many magazines and periodicals.
- 2008 Jan 9: Holy Synod of the Church of Constantinople elected him to be the new Metropolitan of Hong Kong and Southeast Asia. Consecration to take place in the Phanar at the Patriarchal Church of St George on January 20.