Metropolis of Paronaxia
The Metropolis of Paronaxia, also referred to as the Diocese of Paronaxia, is under the jurisdiction of the Church of Greece. This diocese has 37 churches, 251 chapels, 18 cemeteries, 18 monasteries and around 35 clerics.
The islands of Naxos, Paros and Anti-Paros cut-off in 1083 from the Metropolis of Rhodes and were established as the Metropolitan of Paronaxia, with the headquarters based in Naxos. Up until 1083, Naxos and Paros were simply Bishoprics.
Christianity in Paronaxia spread during the early Christian period, and the bishoprics were considered among the original established churches, not just in Greece, but of all Christianity. Towads the end of the 4th century
According to the holy tradition, St. Polycarp, the disciple of St. John the Theologian, visited Naxos and taught Christianity whilst John was in exile on the island of Patmos. To honour this tradition, the island has many churches and chapels dedicated to his honour, especially at the villages of Aggidia Sagri and Filoti, and there is also a church dedicated to John at Keramoti.
Tradition holds the St. Helen founded the Church of Panagia Ekatontapyliani - Hundred Doors (Paros) (literally: "church of the hundred doors") during her pilgrimage to the Holy Land 330-337.
There is documented evidence that various Bishops from Naxos and from Paros participated at the Ecumenical Councils  and the Byzantine period was responsible for the erection, on the island, of many large beautiful churches.
In 1083, Naxos was promoted from the headquarters of a bishopric to that of a metropolitan see.
In 1207, the Franks came to the island, under Marco Sanudo, and conquered the Cyclades and founded the Duchy of the Aegean, of which Naxos was made the headquarters.
Naxos, like the rest of the Cyclades, was incorporated into the Greek state as soon as it was founded, in accordance with a protocol signed in 1830.
The current Metropolitan of Paronaxia is His Emminence Ambriosios II (Stamenas) of Paronaxia, born in 1922 on the island of Paros. He was elected and consecrated as the current metropolitan in 1991, replacing His Emminence Epifanios (Kalafatis).
- St. Arsenios of Paros (January 31 and August 18)
- St. Papa-Nicholas (Planas) (March 2 during lent periods different date applies)
- St. Athanasios of Paros (June 24)
- Venerable Nikodemus of the Holy Mountain ("the Hagiorite"; c. 1749-1809); (July 14)
- St. Theoktiste of Lesvos (November 9),  
- ↑ Example, Varahos, Bishop of Naxos participated at the 4th Ecumenical Council (451)
- ↑ What we know about St. Theoktisti we owe primarily to St. Symeon Metaphrastes ("the Translator"), renowned primarily for his Lives of the Saints (148 of them).
- ↑ Theoctiste is from Lesbos, however, due to the archaeological and historical importance of her association with the Church of Panagia Ekatontapyliani - Hundred Doors she is also classified as a Parian local saint.
- Diocese of Paronaxia official website (in Greek)
- Paros Church of a Hundred Doors - Ekatontopiliani Visual Tour