Metropolis of Paronaxia
The Metropolis of Paronaxia, also referred to as the Diocese of Paronaxia, is under the jurisdiction of the Church of Greece.
|This article is marked as in progress by Vasiliki, who is actively developing it. It has yet to achieve a stable or complete form and is currently being worked on. Please carefully consider before making major edits to this article.|
The current Metropolitan of Paronaxia is His Emminence Ambriosios II (Stamenas) of Paronaxia, born in 1922 on the island of Paros. He was elected and consecrated as the current metropolitan in 1991, replacing His Emminence Epifanios (Kalafatis).
- St. Arsenios of Paros (January 31 and August 18)
- St. Papa-Nicholas (Planas) (March 2 during lent periods different date applies)
- St. Athanasios of Paros (June 24)
- Venerable Nikodemus of the Holy Mountain ("the Hagiorite"; c. 1749-1809); (July 14)
- St. Theoktiste of Lesvos (November 9),  
- ↑ What we know about St. Theoktisti we owe primarily to St. Symeon Metaphrastes ("the Translator"), renowned primarily for his Lives of the Saints (148 of them).
- ↑ Theoctiste is from Lesbos, however, due to the archaeological and historical importance of her association with the Church of Panagia Ekatontapyliani - Hundred Doors she is also classified as a Parian local saint.
- Diocese of Paronaxia official website (in Greek)
- Paros Church of a Hundred Doors - Ekatontopiliani Visual Tour