Metropolis of Dryinoupolis, Pogoniani and Konitsa
The Metropolis of Dryinoupolis, Pogoniani and Konitsa is one of the metropolises of the New Lands in Greece that is within the jurisdiction of the Church of Constantinople but de facto is administered for practical reasons as part of the Church of Greece under an agreement between the churches of Athens and Constantinople. The metropolis is located in Northern Epirus in northwestern Greece.
A Diocese of Dryinoupolis has existed since at least the Third Ecumenical Council at which Bishop Eutychius took part. The seat of the diocese initially was located in the city of Adrianoupolis. The diocese was noted in a Notitiae of the eleventh century as the seventh ranking diocese of the Metropolis of Nikopolis. In 1318, the diocese was placed under the jurisdiction of the newly formed Metropolis of Ioannina. In the mid-fourteenth century the see was transferred to Gjirokaster with the title of Dryinoupolis and Gjirokaster. The diocese continued to exist through the centuries until in 1832 when the Diocese of Dryinoupolis was merged with the Diocese of Cheimarras and Delvinou to form one diocese titled Dryinoupolis and Torrents. Then, in 1835, the Diocese of Dryinoupolis and Delvine was raised to a Metropolis.
- Andrew (Trempelas) 1995 - Present
- Sevastianos (Oikonomidis) 1967 - 1994
- Basil (Papachristou) c.1900 - 1920
- Dositheos 1760 - 1799
- Metrophanes 17xx - 1760
- Sophianos of Dryinoupolis 16xx - 1711
- Eutychius c. 431
- Monastery of the Virgin Mary of Molyvdoskepasto at Konitsa For Men
- Monastery of Stomio (Panagia Stomiotissa) at Konitsa For Men
- ↑ [http://www.scribd.com/doc/74750045/Archival-Codices-in-the-Central-Archives-of-the-State-F-139-D-2 Konstantinos Giakoumis, Diocesan Codices in Unveiling Local History: First Presentation of The ‘Codex of Gjirokastër’ (S. Albania), p2
- Dryinoupolis, Pogoniani and Konitsa In Greek
- Holy Metropolis of Dryinoupolis, Pogoniani and Konitsa
- Konstantinos Giakoumis: Diocesan Codices in Unveiling Local History: First Presentation of The ‘Codex of Gjirokastër’ (S. Albania)