Metropolis of Arta
The Metropolis of Arta (Gr: Άρτα) is under the jurisdiction of the Church of Greece. Arta is located in northwestern Greece in the province of Eprius.
His Eminence Metropolitan Ignatios of Arta was elected and consecrated as a Bishop on November 21, 1988. He was born in 1945 in Kastania of Arta, has studied theology and was ordained as a deacon in 1971 and a priest in 1974.
- The Church of Panagia Parigoritissa, Ancient Metropolis
- The Church of St. Theodora patron saint of Arta
- The Church of St. Basil, from XIIIth century
- The Holy Monastery of Lower Panagia, Byzantine monument
Past ruling Hierarchs
- Seraphim (Tikas) 1949-1958