Metropolis of Alexandroupolis, Traianoupolis and Samothrace
The Metropolis of Alexandroupolis, Traianoupolis and Samothrace is under the jurisdiction of the Church of Greece.
The Metropolis of Alexandroupolis was originally under the Metropolis of Traianoupolis, later under the episcopacy of Ainou and the Metropolis of Maronias. In 1885, the city "Dedeagats" (Alexandroupolis today) split from the Metropolis of Maronias and combined with the Metropolis of Ainou.
In November of 1922, a Synodical decision was made under the Ecumenical Patriarch Meletios Metaxakis, founding the Metropolis of Alexandroupolis with various constraints.
Today the Metropolis has about 80 clerics, 61 parishes, 3 holy monuments, 2 holy monasteries, 3 philanthropic organisations and 20 graveyards with churches.
List of Parishes
- St Nicholas (Metropolitan)
- St Eleutherios
- St Kyriakis [www.inakalex.gr]
- The Transfiguration of Christ
- St Nektarios
- St Basil
- St Andrew
- Panagias Kosmosotiras
- St Nicholas
- St Alexandros
- Elevation of the Holy Cross (new Kosmosotiras)
- Ss. Anargyroi, Poros
- St. Demetrios, Dikella
- The Holy Monastery of St. John the Theologian, Aetohorio (Evrou, Greece)]
- The Holy Monastery of Panagia of Evrou, Makris (Alexandroupolis, Greece)
- St. Athanasios "Alonion Samothraces" – metochia of Iviron monastery at Mount Athos
- Church of Greece Website (Greek and English)
- The Metropolis of Alexandroupolis, Traianoupolis and Samothrace Official Website (Greek)