Metropolis of Aitolia and Akarnania
The Metropolis of Aitolia and Acarnania, Aitoloakarnania (Gr: Αιτωλοακαρνανία) is under the jurisdiction of the Church of Greece; it is a combination of the Aetolia and Acarnania prefectures located in the western part of Greece.
His Eminence Metropolitan Kosmas (Papachristos) of Aitolia and Akarnania was born in 1945 in the suburb of Skoutesiada of Agrinio of the Aetolia-Acarnania prefecture of Greece. He was elected as Metropolitan October 8 and consecrated October 11, 2005.
- Messolonghi also
- Iera Polis Messolonghi
- The Holy Monastery of St. Eleousa ([[w:Messolonghi|Messolonghi, Aetolia)
- The Holy Monastery of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary (Myerta, Aetolia))
- The Holy Monastery of the Birth of the Theotokos in Retha
- The Holy Monastery of St. George (Astakos, Aetolia)
- The Holy Monastery of the Birth of the Theotokos, in Romvos
- The Holy Monastery of the Birth of the Theotokos in Katerinous
- The Holy Monastery of the Birth of Theotokos in Ligovitsi
- The Holy Monastery of St. Symeon (Messolongi, Aetolia)
- The Holy Monastery of the Pantokrator "Almighty" (Angelokastro, Aetolia)
- The Holy Monastery of St. Kosmas the Aitolian - Building under construction 2007-2008.
- Drosinio Orphanage
- Sevilion Home for the Aged
- Kosmas o Etolos (St. Kosmas from Etolia) monthly periodical
- Church of Greece Website (Greek and English)