Metropolis of Aitolia and Akarnania
m (Added Greek)
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
His Eminence Metropolitan [[Theoklitos (Avrantinis) of Aitolia and Akarnania]] was born in 1922 in Kato Blasia, Kalavryta.
His Eminence Metropolitan
[[Theoklitos (Avrantinis) of Aitolia and Akarnania]] was born in 1922 in Kato Blasia, Kalavryta.
Revision as of 00:10, February 23, 2008
The Metropolis of Aitolia and Acarnania ((Gr: Αιτωλοακαρνανία, also Aitoloakarnania) is under the jurisdiction of the Church of Greece. It is located in the western part of Greece; the prefecture is a combination of the regions of Aetolia and Acarnania.
His Eminence Metropolitan Kosmas (Papachristos) of Aitolia and Akarnania was born in 1945 in Skoutesiada of Agrinios.
- Messolonghi also
- Iera Polis Messolonghi
- The Holy Monastery of St. Eleousa, in Messolongi
- The Holy Monastery of the Presentation of the Virgin Mary, in Myrtia
- The Holy Monastery of the Birth of the Theotokos, in Retha
- The Holy Monastery of St. George, in Astakos
- The Holy Monastery of the Birth of the Theotokos, in Romvos
- Holy Monastery of the Birth of the Theotokos in Katerinous
- Birth of Theotokos in Ligovitsi
- Saint Symeon in Messolongi
- Pantokrator (Almighty) in Aggelokastro
- The Holy Monastery of St. Kosmas the Aitolian - (Building is in construction)
- Drosinio Orphanage
- Sevilion Home for the Aged
- Kosmas o Etolos (St. Kosmas from Etolia) monthly periodical
- Church of Greece Website (Greek and English)