Kafsokalyvia Skete (Athos)
The Kafsokalyvia Skete, a dependency of the Great Lavra, is located about three hour's travel away from the Great Lavra. The Kafsokalyvia skete was founded by the Venerable Akakios the Younger. He is remembered on April 12.
The main temple (Kiriakon) of the skete was built in 1745 and is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The skete has thirty five monks who live in a like number of cells (kellion) and huts (kalyvae}. Elder Porphyrios (Bairaktaris), who was noted for his spiritual discernment, served for many years at the skete, living in the Cell of St. George, before his repose in 1991.
The library of the skete holds twenty three codices (manuscript books) and several hundred prints.