(Difference between revisions)
|Line 20:||Line 20:|
* Member of the [http://www.otsamerica.org/
* Member of the [http://www.otsamerica.org/ Orthodox Theological Society ln America].
Latest revision as of 20:30, November 4, 2013
V. Rev. Dr Josiah Trenham is an archpriest in the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America (Diocese of Los Angeles and the West).
- 1967 October 6 - Born in Glendale, California to Noble and Leigh Trenham. One older sister.
- Raised at Glendale Presbyterian Church.
- Family moved to Pasadena; member of Pasadena Covenant Church.
- 1985: Graduated from Flintridge Preparatory School (in La Canada-Flintridge) after primary and secondary education there.
- While studying at Westmont College, met Catherine Christy.
- 1988 May 22: Married Catherine. They now have 9 children (6 boys and 3 girls).
- 1989: Graduated with B.A. in Social Science/History from Westmont College in Santa Barbara, California. Senior thesis on Rev. Jonathon Edwards, famous American theologian and revivalist.
- Licensed as minister by Presbyterian Church in America. Later became ordained clergyman of the Reformed Episcopal Church.
- 1992: Graduated with M.Div. in 1992 from Westminster Theological Seminary, Escondido, California. Also studied at Reformed Theological Seminary (Jackson, Mississippi and Orlando, Florida) under Reformed theologians Drs. R.C. Sproul, John Gerstner, John Frame.
- Received into Orthodox Church. Ordained priest by Bishop Basil.
- 1994-96: Assistant pastor at St. Athanasius Orthodox Christian Church, Santa Barbara, California. Also taught religion at Bishop Diego Garcia Catholic High School in Santa Barbara.
- 1997: Resident priest at St. Innocent Orthodox Orphanage in Rosarito, Mexico, living there with his family.
- 1998: Rector of St. Andrew Orthodox Christian Church, Riverside, California.
- 2003: Elevated to Archpriest by Bishop Joseph.
- 2004: Graduated with Ph.D. in Theology from University of Durham, England. Studied under Fr. Andrew Louth, professor of patristics. Dissertation on Marriage and Virginity according to St John Chrysostom. At 2009, dissertation under contract to be published by St. Herman Press as Terrestrial Angels: Marriage and Virginity according to St. John Chrysostom, with a popularization and expansion planned under God's Gifts: Marriage, Monasticism and Sexuality according to the Patristic Tradition.
- 2004-present: Served as Adjunct Professor of History at California Baptist University (Riverside, California). Teaches courses each year including The Cross and the Crescent: Christianity and Islam and The History of California. Also participates in yearly academic forums and symposia, and conducts numerous parish retreats each year through United States and Canada.
- Member of the Orthodox Theological Society ln America.