John (Maximovitch) the Wonderworker
Our father among the saints John (Maximovitch), Archbishop of Shanghai and San Francisco (1896-1966), was a diocesan bishop of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia (ROCOR), serving widely, from China to France to the United States.
He departed this life on June 19 (O.S.) or July 2 (N.S.), 1966, and was officially canonized by the ROCOR on July 2, 1994. His feast day is not yet celebrated by all Orthodox churches, though many will nonetheless refer to him with the title Blessed or even Saint.
- Life and miracles of St. John Maximovich - By Bishop Alexander (Mileant)
- St. John Maximovich: e-book for Windows® with Internet Explorer
- Saint John Maximovitch Eastern Orthodox Web Page
- Life of St. John Maximovitch the Wonderworker - Compiled by Fr Demetrios Serfes
- Orthodox Veneration of Mary, the Mother of God, written by St. John the Wonderworker himself, published with a foreword by Seraphim Rose.
- Homilies and Other Writings of Saint John the Wonderworker of Shanghai and San Francisco.
- St John the Wonderworker, Archbishop of Shanghai
- Akathist to our Holy Hierarch John